Saturday, September 29, 2012

Rough Loss...

Can't believe we lost that one: 

Tonight experienced my first loss as a member of the Lubeck Seals. It was a tough 13-9 nail-biter against the Rostock Griffins in what was a huge game for the Seals club.  I must say our guys fought hard and left it all on the field, which is all you can ask for of your teammates. We just made so many critical mistakes and that really came back to haunt us in the end. However, I have to give credit where credit is due, Rostock played well and they were very physical for four quarters. It was definitely my kinda game with lots of big hits, trash talking, and even some blood shed haha. Overall, I'm of course very disappointed cuz I really wanted this win. And not even for myself or my own competitive nature, I wanted this one for these guys who have come to be my little family over here. They have been so open and welcoming and I just wanted this win to help these guys achieve their goal of progressing this club to the next division of GFL football. It honestly hurt me to my soul to watch Rostock celebrate on our home field after their close victory. You never wanna watch a team celebrate but on your own field always makes it that much worse.

I feel like in many sense I let these guys down. I didn't have my best game and just couldn't get it going when we needed it most. For that I am sorry because it wasn't for lack of trying or will, just wasn't my night for whatever reason :/.

On a more positive...

I did something right before the game that I haven't done in what seems like forever. I said a true prayer to God just before the game. It felt like such a relief of tension and stress that I'm sure had been pent up inside me for years now. And I was able to let my own emotional guard down and really embrace how blessed I am to have this opportunity to be here in Germany just playing ball with my boys really. Can't wait to see what else is in store for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment