Sunday, September 9, 2012

Perfect Season? Don't Mind if we Do

8-0 baby, Go Seals!!!

With a 27-0 performance we secured a perfect regular season in our second match-up with the Elmshorn Fighting Pirates yesterday.  Although the team looked a little sluggish in warm-ups and throughout pregame we brought it once again and got a nice win. Although it's tough to follow up a 63 point onslaught, we played another good all-around game. The defense did the job pitching a shut out and offensively we kept the ball moving on the ground using the sweep and the inside run to keep Elmshorn on their heels all day. It felt great to finish what we started with a perfect record on top of the division championship.

On to Relegation...

Now as a team we have to refocus from our accomplishments and be ready for the task ahead. We have two very talented teams ahead of us and we have to be ready to bring our absolute best again. This will test our will and our preparation as a team and as Coach Speckman made clear WE HAVE TO GET TO PRACTICE. It's important we get our timing and schemes just right and go win these games. I don't know about everyone else, but I don't want to just stop with a perfect regular season and the championship. If this club is serious about moving to the next level then this is where we show that we're ready as a group. We need to rally together and go get this one.


5 days to Italy!

Can't wait to go to Italy! It's like a dream come true for me. Flying into Pisa on Friday and then spending Saturday in Rome. Can't wait to see all the historical sites and just take in as Marvin put it history itself in Rome. I took a Roman history class my last semester at WU and learned so much about the culture of Rome, how the empire came to be, and eventually how it fell. I'm excited to see some of the sites we discussed in my class and have the knowledge of exactly what's in front of me. I'll make sure to take hundreds of pics and post them on my Facebook, so I can remember this awesome experience. AHHHH!!!


Thinking about the future...

I've had a couple questions later about what's next. Whether I'm intending to stay in Germany, come back for another season, or just go back to my internship I was doing before I left.  To all this all I can really say is I don't know. I'm really trying to decide all this myself. I'm having a good time over here but I must admit the comforts of home are calling me. And oh man what i would do for a late night Jack in the Box run right about now haha (the little things truly make all the difference lol). Really I'm just taking a wait and see approach right now. Contemplating my future is just too much work cuz there is so much I want to do, but if my past is any indication of what's ahead I think I'll be just fine. Just have to continue to work hard, stay focused and determined, and most importantly don't settle.

No comments:

Post a Comment