Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Last few days...and some updates

Yesterday:

Finally got back into the hospital and got an MRI scheduled on my shoulder. The last few weeks dealing with it have literally been a pain. Hoping it's nothing serious, but it's starting to affect my sleeping so who knows :/.

On a positive note, we once again got to interact with local youth yesterday. Marvin, Jose, and I helped out teaching local students some simple football skills such as throwing, catching, and tackling. It was fun to see them try to figure out how to move and catch at the same time. Also some the guys we worked with seemed really enthusiastic and showed some interest in coming out for our youth teams, which would be a real addition to the club. What had to be the best part was after we'd finished working w/ them, the kids treated us like mini-celebrities :). Especially Marvin, he was a real hit with the kids as they clambered around him to take pictures and talk to him. But Jose and I even got a little love, it was just cool to interact with them and continue to put the Seals club out there in the community. I feel that's gonna be the quickest way to build the program and start to create awareness of the two teams participating here in Lubeck.


This weekend...

The team has a huge opportunity to continue to advance the program and keep pace with what has been an awesome season. I'm so excited to get back on the field and compete against the Griffins from Rostock. After watching them on film and seeing them in person this past Saturday, I must say it will be a tough fight for our club but I believe we definitely have the tools to get a win against these guys. It's a good chance for us to once again show what we've worked so hard for and look to get a big win that would allow us to move up to 2nd division for next season. We just have to stay focused and be ready for the challenge, but I think most importantly we as a team just have to approach it like any other game and go out compete, execute, and get a win. GO SEALS!!!

Good News:

I've mentioned the last few posts my apprehension about what will happen once I'm back home in terms of employment and other issues. Well on the job front I've sent out several applications with my resume and so far I've had two opportunities come about. I'm excited as one is doing something I love working with kids and the lady I've been in contact with said she is very excited to interview me once I'm back. So here's hoping this opportunity pans out! I must say I'm so blessed and the prayers of myself and others continue to be heard. Now I just gotta go out and make these opportunities a reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment