Saturday, September 1, 2012

4 tds = pretty awesome, 63-13 win =- beatd down, but winning the GFL Division III League championship = PRICELESS!!!

CHAMPIONS:

Absolutely HUGE win for the Seals organization. And not only did we clinch our Division championship in our league, but we did it in absolutely dominating fashion. A 63 to 13 victory showed exactly what we can do when we're clicking on all cylinders. The offense and the defense played physical football today and by the 4th quarter absolutely took the fight out of Elmshorn.  It was great to see all the smiles, hugging, congratulations, and celebration from my teammates after all the hard work so many people have put in not just this year but in previous years as well.  In winning today we reached our goal, and I personally helped fulfill what I was brought her to do which was clinch a title for this Seals team and seek to build on what looks to be a very promising future for this club. I'm so glad I was able to contribute and bring a championship to my team. Though I haven't been here long I was almost brought to tears at the sheer emotion and joy of these men who put it all on the line today and we came out victorious.  GO SEALS!!!


Best Game as a Seal:

And it wasn't even close. My first two games were a bit of a struggle as I tried to get used to our rolling carousel at offensive line and mesh with the other skill players around me. But today things just "clicked".  7 carries for 67 yards and 4 TOUCHDOWNS!!!  This was my stat line and if not for an absolutely horrible call by the officials I'd have had a 5th touchdown as well.  Today i just took out a personal vendetta on Elmshorn and all their players. My sole mission was to come here and win a championship and with this win making that a reality I was bound and determined to get the job done. Not only did I do that personally, but as a team we made a statement today about what Seals' football is all about and showed just how dominant a force we can be. Amidst countless broken tackles, showing more heart than my opponent, and simply just willing myself forward I felt nearly unstoppable on the field today.  It was awesome to finally show exactly why T-speck fought so hard to get me here for the last few months of this season and to exhibit my calling card as a football player in my sheer will and determination not to be stopped which showed with damn near a hundred broken tackles haha.

What was best about my game was how I was able to put it all together. Blocking well, running the ball with impeccable vision and burst, and then really finishing every play. I felt I played a complete game both on offense and special teams and most importantly got a much need "W".

Final Thoughts:

I'm so happy to have been welcomed into the Seals family so willingly and openly. It makes me feel amazing to be surrounded by so many nice and amazing people in my teammates and other people really close to the team. Today felt like a dream to be able to share this moment with all my amazing new friends and my Seals family. These guys put in so much hard work and it made me proud that we were able to pull this one out.  This was the a huge reason I came here was to aide this team in securing a championship and bringing some pride to the Seals' football program.

And idk it just feels good to win. I'm so competitive and just hungry for success and this was the ultimate success for myself and my teammates as we were able to protect home-field and bring home a  Seals' championship.

Now we look forward to our rematch with Elmshorn next Friday and then our relegation games against some higher division teams. Can't wait to take on this challenge :)

P.S. ITALY IN 2 WEEKS!!!! I CAN'T WAIT :-D

 




No comments:

Post a Comment